Tuesday, December 30, 2008

For Skip

My father-in-law is chomping at the bit for photographic updates of the project. So here, just for him (and you, too!), are some photos documenting the progress made over the past week. As I was editing them I realized that they are pictures that only a homeowner could love.

Enjoy!



These poor guys were out there working in the nastiest weather...  You may notice that I took this picture from inside the house.  I think this was the day after Christmas.  But look -- a new water feature!  Striking, no?  



Some pipes, under the future family room.  I have no idea what they do.  Pipe stuff, I guess.



This is looking from the south, at what will be the new family room.  The kitchen is adjacent -- you can see the cut-out in the block where the steps will take you from the kitchen down into the family room.



Here's the addition on the north side of the house, with the bump-out for the kitchen.  That window is where the kitchen sink is -- actually, it will still be there, just a little further north!



Finished slab for the crawlspace under the kitchen addition.



Hot off the presses!  The cement truck arrived just this morning and poured the slab for the family room. (Remember those pipes from above?  They're under this cement now.)



This guy got out his really LONG smoother later to make a nice, level top.  Thanks, cement guy!



Evidently, we are getting a new stoop.  I guess I had forgotten about this.


And, just as a reminder:  Here we were last spring...


...and here we are this morning! 


Progress!

No comments: